Sunday, September 27, 2009

Ages & Stages

Hadley 5 years - Still really sweet as can be . . . most of the time. Since starting Kindergarten I've noticed her confidence level has increased along with a little bit of, dare I say, attitude. She really still is such a help to me and I miss her being gone during the day. Not only is she more willing to help out and pitch in but she is such a great imaginative playmate for Vincent. I wish I could give her so much more of my undivided attention and read great books and stories with her. Fortunately, Hadley is extremely patient and understanding that I am stretched thin right now.

Vincent 3 and a half - Vincent is a lover of all things sport. He will watch any sport he can find on television but is current favorites are baseball and golf. He loves to play catch or hit the ball. I've tried my best to find time to play outside with him each day. He can still be very sweet and nurturing. I love when he asks to hold Gentry and caresses her hair.

Lauren 1 and a half - Lauren is a little firecracker who thinks she is indestructible. She copies everything little thing her older siblings do. She enjoys jumping off of furniture like them but lands in a big plop every time. Her favorite words are no, yes, and a deep throaty geh-guh for Gentry. She also loves to hold the baby and points to her nose, eyes and mouth. She is helpful and will always find the baby's blanket when needed. Lauren loves shoes more than anything. We should have known something was odd when she used to always lick the bottoms of a certain pair of Vincent's shoes. Now she just carries shoes around, wears any shoes she can find or brings you your shoes and insists you put them on or she'll have a tantrum.

Gentry 5 weeks - Gentry is starting to chunk out. Something I only remember Lauren doing as well but not quite this early. Maybe it is because she is my fourth but I notice the changes she makes more than I remember the other children. So far we've discovered that: she likes sleeping on her back and she HATES the car seat!

No comments:

Post a Comment