Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Nighttime

Last night I got to cuddle/hold three of my little kiddos in bed. It was so cozy and comfortable. Gentry was down for the night after I rocked her to sleep while reading stories from the Bible. Then Hadley, Vincent, Lauren and I piled into their new bed (Gma and Gpa Landmeier's wedding set) and cuddled. I sang Christmas songs to them, then hummed them as I watched all three of them fade away into childhood dreams. Some nights I am frustrated and strict with bedtimes but other nights I love enjoying the fact that four of us can all fit in one bed.

Someday my kids will not need kisses or want to cuddle as they drift off to sleep. I am grateful that, for now, they still want and need me close. I hope I am helping to create fond memories for them as well as myself. I'm not sure I can remember a time that my parents cuddled with me. I remember going into their bed at times and them making a space in between them. And I remember my mom tucking the blankets tightly around my entire body to make me 'roasty toasty'.

It was a good night and I hope to cherish these memories all the days I live.

No comments:

Post a Comment