Sunday, August 19, 2012

Update

The week was filled with cousins, moving them into a new house, swimming with them, and birthday celebrations.  Bryce & Sharon arrived late Sat night and stayed while waiting to get the keys for their house thru Tuesday.  We helped move them in and swam here everyday afterwards.  They left for Utah and we spent time with Gma & Gpa Tigger on Thursday night celebrating Hadley and Gentrys' birthdays.

Hadley is all about whales so for her 8th birthday she chose to go whale-watching.  Chris and dad went together and had a great time while we prepared for a little birthday party here at the house.

Saturday I took the kids to Upland's Grove Theatre to see Cinderella with mom, Molly & Pat Skousen.  Then it was on to Pat's house for sno-cones.

The heat has been really bad and we've been blasting the air conditioning all day and sometimes at night as well.  All four kids are currently sliding down the stairs in sleeping bags and laughing and giggling the way I imagine me and my siblings did when we were younger.  If they weren't getting so sweaty though I'd think they are going to sleep well tonight.  I love and always have loved how well all four of the kids often play with one another.  I am always hesitant or reluctant to stop their playtime for anything else when they are having a such a fun time and being so cooperative.  Fortunately Hadley has such great game ideas and imagination for the others to follow.  When she is in a good mood - all is well for the other kids.  They can't get enough of playing with her.

Chris left for the office to get more stuff done even though it is Sunday evening.  The work has never ended for him on the weekends - and this one is no exception. 

No comments:

Post a Comment