Monday, October 19, 2015

Update

Wow, okay - more than a year has gone by.  I have discovered Instagram and Chatbooks has been printing photos so I haven't gone without any journaling - just not as much and the kind that I really want to.  Ahh well, do what I can.  It might help when we update our laptop and all of our technology, possibly when we move.  Whenever that might be????


So, yes, we bought another house.  Last spring.  We've been working on it ever since.  Actually Chris has been doing most of the work in his non-existent spare time.  Actually that has taken a lot of his spare time.  We were planning to move about every month since then and yet it still hasn't happened.  I've stopped asking and so have the kids.  I am excited to move though!  It is a smaller more simple home on a quiet cul-de-sac.  The younger kids' school is literally right around the corner since I changed them to Loma Vista after much stressing about it.  Vincent and Lauren are still acclimating to the new school the most I think.  It broke my heart and breaks it every day Vincent is unhappy with school that I took him away from some great friends - boys that I really liked and he go along with so well.  They come to scouts at the church but I know it isn't the same.  I pray the most for him, that he can find some new great friends that are like him.  I pray a lot about that.  A lot.


Lauren is starting to come around a little more to 2nd grade at a new school.  I love that she is strong enough to make up her mind about what she does and doesn't want to do and who to do it with.  Sometimes I think she feels left out or that she really wants one genuine great friend.  Other times I think she likes not being tied down.  Kids are funny. 


Gentry likes Kindergarten.  She started in a K-1 combo class but we had her moved to a traditional Kindergarten class which has been great.  She still talks more about TK and her friends from last year but I know she enjoys school this year too.  She can be so girly and giggly and happy about her school day!


Hadley started 6th grade, middle school and has really really enjoyed the experience.  I think she enjoys that the social-requirements are taken out of the equation.  Who to play with at recess, sit with, etc.  She has gained more independence and is doing really well.  She chose to go to Hewes instead of with her friends to our old feeder MS and I don't think she or I will ever regret her decision.  I stressed about it a lot too until she decided on her own - must remember to trust in my kids decisions. 


Bridget and I spend our days dropping kids off and picking them up from school.  Again, when we move at least we can just walk there or at least the elementary school is so close it will barely take more than 3 minutes to drop the kids off so she can stay home with daddy while he gets ready for work.  I've been trying to go walking or working out as much as possible when there is time and I take Bridget too a little preschool/Learning Links class that Gentry used to attend at the Blind Children's school.  It is great one-on-one time with her.


This afternoon we all went to Knott's Berry Farm for FHE.  Gentry was finally tall enough to ride several of the rides the bigger kids always go on.  It meant me and Bridget hung out a lot but it was so fun to see them all have fun with Chris.  I am so blessed for the wonderful kids I have and a husband who provides for all of us so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment