Sunday, March 24, 2013

My Son

Vincent still holds my hand.  It warms my heart so much to know this.  Yesterday Molly took the three girls to Upland with her so they would not have to endure yet another baseball game.  The rest of the day was great fun as I got to spend a lot of one-on-one time with Vincent.  I hope to always remember this day and to make memories like this with each of my children.

Chris and I went to Vincent's baseball game.  He played great, as usual.  My favorite part is how Vincent wears his batting glove tucked into his back pocket like the pros.  Chris had to leave early so I sat and enjoyed the second half by myself.  After his game we watched a majors-game and some of a single-A game together.  Just the two of us.  Then we went and had lunch together - ran into friends, the Kings, and chatted with them.  Then we went to buy some new shoes for Vincent.  He held my hand whenever I offered it throughout the day and it felt great to hold my son's hand so much before he turns 7 years old.  I am so glad he still doesn't mind.

After coming home and putting some things away we headed out to Upland to see and pick up the girls.  Vincent read a book so pridefully most of the ride there - which was fine because we had chatted so much during the day.  It was so much fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment