Sunday, April 7, 2013

Update

Tonight we are coming off of Spring Break for Hadley & Vincent as well as General Conference yesterday & today.  Hadley best expressed how I was feeling too tonight when she was in tears and missing the weekend, the fun & family when we came home from Chino tonight.  Hadley reminds me so much of myself when I was young, how deeply she feels the Spirit - but I don't know that I ever identified it to be the Spirit.  Something I hope that I help her to articulate at a young age is that she is feeling the Spirit.  And that it is a good thing.  It is a good feeling to have.  It wasn't until I was much older that I recognized why and what was making me feel that way.  For this reason I try to tuck the kids into bed with the question "did you feel the Spirit today?"  I want for them so badly to feel it and to identify and know when they are feeling the Spirit and desire it for the rest of their lives.

So back we go into the swing of things - or back 'into the world' to try and not be 'of the world'.  Tonight I quoted the phrase to Hadley: I'm Mormon.  I know it.  I love it.  I live it.  This week now we have to go 'live it'.

We spent the afternoon session on general conference in Chino, as we almost always have done.  Vincent had a wonderful time playing baseball pretty much the entire time with his cousins.  I felt sorry for the girls who can't seem to find a place there amongst us all.  Hopefully having baby Lincoln around in the next few years will help and make it more fun for them after he is born.

No comments:

Post a Comment