Sunday, December 15, 2013

Update

For some reason I seem to be getting worse and worse for updating instead of more regular.  I think about it all the time but then by night time I am too exhausted to come sit in the office and do anything.  I blame it on the new baby who is coming in May but making me awfully tired (not as sick-anymore).

Christmas season is upon us.  My most favorite time of the year.  And yet, for some reason I struggle to try and recreate the magic for my own children that perhaps I feel was so much more real to me.  My only answer is less television, less spontaneous treats like candy canes, really sitting down and enjoying the season together with them and trying to make it magical.  It won't help that this week we are having somewhat of a mini heat wave.  Temps in the 80's don't create that Christmas feeling.

Several weeks ago Hadley bravely sang a solo in the ward Primary program.  It was really beautiful.  When the primary leaders heard her sing they all told me how great it was and that she should sing in it.  She volunteered to sing a solo and did it amazingly.  Last week she performed in the Stake Creche children's choir and sang a duet.  Unfortunately Chris and I were out tending a sick, very vomiting Lauren.  At least all her grandparents got to hear it.  She continues to swim although reluctantly.  I imagine the cold weather doesn't help.  She is always the peacemaker in the home and tries to be positive.  Love that girl.

Vincent also performed with the stake choir.  He enjoyed it, which I am glad.  He misses spending as much time as he did in the summer with his cousins but when he is with them, we girls sure miss him here too.  He is always up to something or wanting to be around me.  He is loving playing games on the computer and such - but I'm afraid video games will not enter our household for some time still.

Lauren is as busy as usual being about everyone's business.  She hasn't taken to Kindergarten the way I would have liked or expected but I know she is working hard at learning to read and won Author's Tea at the school for writing last month! 

Gentry is enjoying a preschool-like center with me twice a week.  Mostly for the fact that I go with her.  She disdains school and talks about never going.  She only likes to go places where I can go.  Playdates are tricky unless her sister Lauren goes with her.  Otherwise she has her best friend Caroline come to our house where they ignore Lauren.  She does love going to preschool though and I know it is good for her. 

Chris and I are staying busy trying to gear up and get a kitchen/bathroom renovation plan before the baby comes.  I feel it is rather ambitious but we'll see what we can pull off!

No comments:

Post a Comment