Today in Sacrament meeting Lauren was curious about people getting up and bearing their testimonies. After watching a few members share their testimonies and a reminder from me on what a testimony was she confidently went up to the stand. She had to wait for another speaker to finish - which took longer than I would have liked. I was nervous she would lose her nerve and come back down. But she stayed up there and took her turn. Her testimony was small and simple 'Heavenly Father loves us all and He is nice'. -- Wow, I know for certain I was not doing that at age 5. It wasn't written, she needed no help and didn't ask for me to accompany her.
Unfortunately Chris missed Sacrament meeting due to waiting for a plumber to arrive at the house and fix a sink problem that had been plaguing the kitchen all weekend long. Seems the projects and things to be done just keep adding up. On Saturday he and I both went and bought bougainvillea plants for the driveway and he planted several. I wish I could help him more with his tasks around the house - but 5 months pregnant, I'm getting around slower and slower these days.
Vincent is happy to be back into baseball. His little league team is the Chicago Cubs this year. I am anxious for the games to start. Practice keeps him away from us so much during the week.
Hadley and Vincent both started piano lessons a couple weeks ago. Someone was right when they said it takes more discipline for parents sometimes. I don't know that either of them love it, hopefully it will come with success in it but I feel it is a rite of passage. One that I never go to be a part of though and always wish I had.
Gentry continues to be my buddy. She is currently snuggled up with Hadley in her bed tonight sleeping. Usually she can convince Hadley to come to her bed. Lauren is happy to be no part of any of it. Those girls all have such different personalities.
Sunday, February 2, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment