My C-section for Bridget was scheduled for May 29th. Approximately two days before my actual due date which will never cease to confuse me why Dr. Lagrew scheduled it then except for his Memorial Day weekend vacation. Nonetheless, you decided to come early - on May 25th which suited me just fine. I was tired of trying to sleep at night so pregnant. Tired of being so swollen and sweating. I was also excited because this meant I would also have a baby born on Sunday!
I had skipped church the last Sunday or so because I was so huge and swollen and no church shoes fit me (I am one who refuses to wear flip-flops to church). However, this Sunday Chris was being called as executive secretary as part of a new bishopric. I went to support and sustain him as well as be there for his setting-apart. After the setting apart I came home. Chris brought the kids home after church and we were sitting watching a baseball game when I got up to use the restroom - my water broke! How exciting? This had never happened before. I tried calling Chris. Then I called his mom to tell her we wouldn't be coming to dinner and see if she could come instead. Called Chris again. No answer. Called Molly and Mom. Chris again. Tried texting him. Finally I called the new bishop's wife to see if she could get a hold of her husband. Called Sharon so she could come watch the kids while my mother-in-law was on her way. Finally got a hold of Chris.
We went to the hospital in Laguna Hills and got admitted. Unfortunately I had eaten not long before so would have to wait at least 4 hours since my last meal to get prepped for surgery. Chris left to go back to the house and get a bite to eat - knowing it would be a long night. Finally around 8:30 they started prepping me for surgery. IV etc.
At 9:29 and with a huge push on my belly you were born! The details of how I felt are hazy because daddy and I were so anxious to hear what the neonatologist said after his immediate examination of your cleft. Chris came to my side and told me, "looks like just the lip is cleft." I was relieved and grateful and yet reminded that all along I knew this would be the case. Heavenly Father had blessed me with such peace and comfort from the first day I learned that you had a cleft. I mentally prepared myself for the worst case scenario - but during those times I always felt there was little need for it and that it would be just your lip alone and a mild case.
I loved you most immediately. We took lots of pictures while in the recovery room and I couldn't believe how much love I felt for you and how adorably cute I thought you looked. Your little lip just added to the cuteness especially with those adorable chubby cheeks.
Saturday, August 16, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment