Monday, June 8, 2009

Dr. Jekyl & Mr. Hyde

Vincent can be a very sweet, sensitive, fun-loving child or he can be the most frustrating, crabby, loud, uncooperative child. He was not my easiest baby. We found out early on that the only and best way to appease his little 'tormented soul' was to put him in his crib (on his tummy) to sleep. He just wanted/needed to be left alone. I have difficulty in deciphering where he gets these bi-polar personalities because he can also be very sweet and nice and fun to spend time with. I am glad that he is happy and smiling some of the time - whereas he was never a very smiley baby. Maybe that is why I appease him with a bottle, his blankey, anything so that he won't crab or cry on a daily basis. Even potty-training is being put off until I can figure out his rationale or reasoning skills. I guess I just keep wondering when or if he will grow out of his crabby, easily frustrated personality but I should just be glad that he isn't that way all of the time. What if he grew out of his sweet, fun-loving personality?

No comments:

Post a Comment