Monday, July 6, 2009

Another Milestone

Literally as I began to type this entry I heard water trickle in the bathroom. I looked through the crack from the office doorway and saw it was Vincent. Another accident. Two in one day. What I was going to say was . . .

Yay! Vincent is potty-trained. Well, for the most part obviously. It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be with him even though he is 2 months past his 3rd birthday. (For records sake - Hadley was trained about a month or so before she turned 3). I guess once I just kept him occupied enough and refused to put anything but underwear on - it worked. We practiced several times before so he knew what to do. I may be celebrating too early but I am so pleased with the ease in transition this has been b/c I dreaded it so much with him and his personality. I'm not even going to worry about nighttime dryness especially considering he still goes to bed with a bottle of milk - I know, I know, so sue me.

So here's to a break from having two babes in diapers for about a month and a half until #4 comes along. While diapers have never bothered me a ton I do feel a sense of financial freedom and even more so, love to see my kids' growing independence. Do mom's ever miss the diaper stage among all the other stages? When their kids don't need them anymore, do they wish for one day they could change their diapers again? I highly doubt it.

No comments:

Post a Comment