I try not to feel sorry for myself and my kids that they don't get to spend a lot of time with Chris b/c of his long work hours. Last weekend the kids were so clingy to him - they only wanted him to hold, help, play with them and even tuck them in at night. Part of me felt a little relief from my usual chores but it also made me realize how much they need and want him to be a part of their lives. I appreciate that he tries to spend their waking hours with them.
I use all of this to share a wonderful evening I had with the kids. We went to dinner outside at the Beach Pit BBQ where they could eat, drink fizzy and then play in the little patio area. They always play so nicely and tonight was no exception. Then we decided to go for a walk in downtown Tustin. Just me and my three little ones. They are so good and always hold hands to cross parking lots and wait up for me and Lauren. We went through a little strip mall center by Hadley's old ballet class and explored a cute little office park nestled amongst trestles and gazebos. It was an early summer evening and the kids had a blast walking around and finding new paths and a water feature.
On the way back we passed the ballet studio again where they had opened big sidewalk doors to let in the breeze. Hadley and Vincent stopped to look in and when Lauren heard the ballet music come on she immediately started imitating the dancers and intently stared at them. It was so magical to stand there and watch the three of them mesmerized by the ballet dancers while this beautiful ballet music set the tone for the evening. I love evenings like this. We had so much fun all together - I'm sad that Chris misses out on these and yet somehow I think these are the kind of the experiences that mothers like me get to experience every once in a while to make up for the lack of having 'daddy' there most of the time.
We drove home and went upstairs and put on our pajamas on my bed and all watched a nature show and played around. The kids were in great moods and just enjoyed relaxing all together. There was some giggling, playful wrestling and zlurburts for everyone.
Tuesday, July 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment