I've been telling Hadley all week that we were going to go and sign her up for Kindergarten. She is usually fairly ambivalent towards the whole issue. This morning I reminded her and Vincent that we were going to the school to sign Hadley up and then we'd go to the park. Poor little Vincey teared up and was sincerely crying that he didn't want to "drop Hadley off at school." I asked him why and he cried, "I will miss her." He kept repeating this over and over while crying, not crabbing (there is a big difference with Vincent.) It even made me tear up how much he loves his big sister and playing with her. Hadley proceeded to comfort him and tell him it was okay and that she'd come home every day. I told him he'd be the oldest one at home while she was gone and he'd have Lauren and the new baby to play with.
I'm telling you, Vincent and Hadley play wonderfully together. The other day we stayed at the park for 2 and 1/2 hours because they were playing so contentedly with one another and another little girl and Hadley's Care Bear. It was so fun to watch them. Oh for every mother to have so playful siblings!
Thursday, May 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment